|This article or section is a stub. You can help Star Wars: The Old Republic Wiki by .|
Armor is a type of item equipped in slots on a character that mitigate damage.
Types of armor
There are four types of regular armor and several specialty armor. As the armor type increases to stronger armor, the armor rating and durability increase as well. Each armor type requires the respective armor proficiency.
- Light armor: Equipped by Jedi Consulars and Sith Inquisitors. Requires Armor Proficiency: Light.
- Medium armor: Equipped by Imperial Agents, Jedi Sentinels, Sith Marauders, and Smugglers. Requires Armor Proficiency: Medium.
- Heavy armor: Equipped by Bounty Hunters, Jedi Guardians, Troopers, and Sith Juggernauts. Requires Armor Proficiency: Heavy.
- Adaptive armor: This armor can be equipped by anyone and it adapts the armor rating and durability to the heaviest armor type a player can equip. Requires Armor Proficiency: Adaptive.
- Droid armor: This armor can only be equipped by droid companions. Requires Armor Proficiency: Droid.
- Foci: An off-hand item. Equipped by Jedi Consulars, Jedi Guardians, Sith Inquisitors, and Sith Juggernauts. Requires Armor Proficiency: Focus.
- Generators: An off-hand item. Equipped by Commandos, Powertechs, and Vanguards. Requires Armor Proficiency: Power Generator.
- Shields: An off-hand item. Equipped by Jedi Guardians, Jedi Shadows, Powertechs, Sith Assassins, Sith Juggernauts, and Vanguards. Requires Armor Proficiency: Shield Generator.
Armor equipment slots
Armor can be equipped in seven core slots. Depending on the character's class or advanced class, an armor type of item (foci, generators, and shields) can be equipped in the offhand slot. The core slots for armor are: head, chest, wrists, hands, waist, legs, and feet.