- "A wall between the Republic and it's enemies, the Jedi Guardian stands firm in the face of overwhelming odds and dares opponents to attack. Perfect concentration and use of the Force allows smooth movement even in heavy armor–making the Guardian a hard target to take down. Leaders on and off the battlefield, Guardians also inspire allies to amazing feats, making them invaluable for conflicts of any size. All Jedi Guardians learn to move in heavy armor and build extra energy to perform spectacular feats. Guardians can opt to learn Vigilance, developing attacks that power through weaker opponents with ease and concentrating on fewer strikes that hit harder; Defense, redirecting enemies’ attacks against the Guardian's allies toward the Guardian's sturdy self; and Focus, specializing in advanced Force techniques to increase the potency of lightsaber attacks and perform telekinetic feats to hamper opponents."
- ―In-game Codex (Game Rules)
Before the Jedi Purge, there were three Jedi Classes. The Jedi Guardian was one of them, along with the Jedi Sentinel and the Jedi Consular. All Jedi Guardians learn to move in heavy armor and build extra energy to perform various spectacular feats, and can opt to learn either Vigilance, Defense, or Focus.
They are the Jedi counterpart of the Sith Juggernaut.
- Heavy DPS
- Melee Combat
- Heavy armor
- Single saber
The two Guardian Disciplines are Vigilance and Defense. The shared Guardian and Sentinel Discipline is Focus.
- Developing attacks that power through weaker opponents with ease and concentrating on fewer strikes that hit harder. DPS.
- Redirecting enemies’ attacks against the Guardian’s allies toward the Guardian’s sturdy self. Tank.
- Specializing in advanced Force techniques to increase the potency of lightsaber attacks and perform telekinetic feats to hamper opponents. DPS.
Abilities through Level
Below is a list of the abilities that a Jedi Guardian can learn. Please note that a Jedi Guardian is still a Jedi Knight as well, so remember to see what other abilities they will learn from their Jedi Knight ability list.
|Name||Level Learned||Cast Time||Cooldown||Focus Cost||Range||Description|
|Armor Proficiency: Shield Generator||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Able to equip a personal shield generator in your off-hand.|
|Armor Proficiency: Focus||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Able to equip a Force focus in your off-hand.|
|Armor Proficiency: Heavy||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Able to equip heavy combat armor.|
|Blade Turning||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||The first 2 seconds of Saber Ward grants 100% melee and ranged defense.|
|Sundering Strike||10||Instant||4.5s||None||4m||Strikes the target for X damage, and reduces the target's armor by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Builds 2 focus.|
|Riposte||10||Instant||6||2||4m||Ripostes the target for x weapon damage. Cannot be parried, dodged, or missed. While in Soresu Form, Riposte can only be used after successfully defending against a melee or ranged attack. While not in Soresu Form, Riposte can only be used after one of your melee attacks is parried, dodged, or misses.|
|Visionary||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Generates 1 focus when attacked. This effect cannot occur more than once ever 6 seconds.|
|Soresu Form||12||Instant||None||None||Self||Enters a defensive lightsaber form, increasing armor rating by 60%, damage reduction by 6%, shield chance by 15%, threat generation by 100%, and accuracy by 10%. While active, all damage is reduced by 10%, and all Strike abilities generate 1 less focus.|
|Taunt||14||Instant||15s||None||30m||Taunts the target, forcing it to attack the Knight for 6 seconds. Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Lasts 6 seconds.|
|Freezing Force||15||Instant||None||2||Self||Freezes up to 8 enemies within 8 meters, dealing x elemental damage and reducing movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds.|
|Guard||16||Instant||None||None||30m||While active, the guarded player takes 5% less damage and generates 25% less threat. In addition, so long as you remain within 15 meters of the guarded player, 50% of all incoming damage from enemy players is transferred back to you. Requires Soresu Form.|
|Focused Striking||18||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Reduces the cooldowns of Sundering Strike and Warding Strike by 3 seconds each and increases the focus they generate by 2.|
|Challenging Call||20||Instant||45s||None||Self + 15m||Taunts all enemies within 15 meters, forcing them to attack the Knight for 6 seconds if in Soresu Form. If not in Soresu Form, threat is instantly reduced by a moderate amount. Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Lasts 6 seconds.|
|Combat Focus||22||Instant||45s||None||Self||Immediately generates 6 focus.|
|Single Saber Mastery||25||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Increases the damage dealt by your weapon by 20% and grants a bonus based on your currently active form: Shii-Cho Form: Increases all Force damage dealt by 3%: Shien Form: Increase all melee damage dealt by 3%: Soresu Form: Increases melee and ranged defense by 3% and increases the threat generated by Force Sweep, Slash, Riposte, and Cyclone Slash by 15%.|
|Enure||28||Instant||1m||None||Self||Temporarily increases your maximum health by 30% for 10 seconds. When the effect ends, the health is lost.|
|Force Push||30||Instant||1m||None||10m||Deals X kinetic damage, knocks the target back several meters and knocks the target down for 2 seconds. Force Push immediately finishes the cooldown of Force Leap.|
|Saber Throw||36||Instant||30s||None||30m||Throws the main-hand lightsaber at a distant target, inflicting X damage and granting 3 focus.|
|Focused Defense||38||Instant||2m||4||Self||Empowers you with 10 charges of Focused Defense, lasting up to 10 seconds. Whenever you take damage a charge of Focused Defense is consumed to heal you for x. This ability can be used while stunned or otherwise controlled but cannot be used while above 70% health.|
|Guardian Leap||50||Instant||20s||None||30m||Leaps to a friendly target, reducing his or her threat by a moderate amount and reducing damage taken by 20% for 6 seconds.|
|Saber Reflect||51||Instant||60s||None||None||Reflects back all direct single target ranged, force and tech attacks back to the attacker for 3 seconds. The damage done by each reflect is capped, and the cap raises with each new rank of the ability.|