|Alias(es)||Holy Order of the Jedi Knights|
|Headquarters||Tython Jedi Temple|
Coruscant Jedi Temple (formerly)
|Base of operation(s)||Tython Jedi Enclave|
Dantooine Jedi Enclave (formerly)
|Use(s)||Monastic spiritual organization|
Garon Jard †
Cala Brin †
Ters Sendon †
|Leader(s)||Nomi Sunrider †|
Meetra Surik (formerly; resigned) †
|Notable member(s)||Exar Kun †|
Bastila Shan †
Ngani Zho †
Kao Cen Darach †
Syo Bakarn †
Orgus Din †
Jaric Kaedan †
Hero of Tython
|Goals(s)||To bring peace and justice to the galaxy (ongoing)|
The Jedi Order, also known as the Holy Order of the Jedi Knights, simply known as the Jedi, are a peacekeeping monastic spiritual organization and order comprised of light side Force-users; who are dedicated to protecting the Galactic Republic.
The Jedi have been the noble peacekeepers and diplomats for the Galactic Republic for 22,000 years. While law-abiding citizens look to the Jedi with respect and inspiration, the Galactic Republic's enemies regard the Jedi with suspicion, fear, and anger.
The success of the Sith Empire's military campaign during the Great War saw the deaths of thousands of Jedi. During the Sacking of Coruscant, six Masters of the Jedi Council were killed, and in the time since, the Sith have started their own recruitment campaign to seek out Force-sensitive children around the galaxy.
These catastrophes have damaged the Galactic Republic's faith in its legendary protectors, but they are far from defeated. Overwhelmed but fearless, the Jedi have returned to their ancient homeworld of Tython, recommitting to their timeless principles and looking to the future, hoping to restore balance to the Force and peace and justice to the galaxy.
Despite their intentions, the Jedi Order's search for serenity on Tython has been strained. Among the ancient Tythonian ruins, mysterious Force energies abound, and the legacy of a long forgotten darkness has re-emerged. With the arrival of a Twi'lek pilgrim clan determined to settle on Tython in violation of Galactic Republic law, delicate and dangerous trials have arisen for Jedi Padawans in training and for the Order itself.
- There is no emotion, there is peace.
- There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
- There is no passion, there is serenity.
- There is no chaos, there is harmony.
- There is no death, there is the Force.
- Jedi Initiate: Jedi Initiate is a rank granted to Force-sensitive children (between the ages of four and eight) who have been accepted into the Jedi Order as trainees, they underwent their training in the Force, particularly at the Coruscant Jedi Temple; they would remain under the tutelage of a Jedi instructor; until they are selected or assigned to a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master as there apprentice(s).
- Padawan: Padawan is a rank granted to Jedi Initiates who have passed the Jedi Initiate Trials and been selected or assigned to a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master as there apprentice(s), at the age of eight or in their early teenage years, they would remain under the tutelage of there mentor(s); until the Jedi High Council believes they are ready for the Jedi Trials.
- Jedi Knight: Jedi Knight is a rank granted to Padawans who have passed the Jedi Trials (the Trial of Skill, the Trial of Courage, the Trial of the Flesh, the Trial of the Spirit and the Trial of Insight) becoming full members of the Jedi Order; it is the second highest rank in the Jedi Order.
- Jedi Master: Jedi Master is a rank granted to a few Jedi Knights, depending on their experience, intelligence, wisdom, mastery of the Force, skills in lightsaber combat or if they have successfully trained one Padawan; it is the highest rank in the Jedi Order.
Jedi military ranks
Although the Jedi Order is not a military organization, in times of need it's members became part of the Republic military; only if it is absolutely necessary for the Jedi to get involve into a war.
- Jedi Commander: Jedi Commander is a military rank granted to Padawans, Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters, who takes leadership positions within in the Republic Army and serve as the second-in-command to a Jedi General; it is the second highest military rank in the Republic Army that a Jedi can achieve.
- Jedi Admiral: Jedi Admiral is a military rank granted to Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters, who serve as generals within the Republic war effort; it is the highest military rank in the Republic Navy that a Jedi can achieve.
- Jedi General: Jedi General is a military rank granted to Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters, who serve as generals within the Republic war effort; it is the highest military rank in the Republic Army that a Jedi can achieve.
- Jedi: Jedi is a title that is granted to individuals (Jedi Initiate, Padawan, Jedi Knight and Jedi Master alike) who are members of the Jedi Order.
- Grand Master: Grand Master is a title that is granted to a Jedi Master who is the elected leader of the Jedi Order and head of the Jedi High Council, it is usually granted to the strongest, wisest and most powerful member of the Jedi Order, it is the highest title in the Jedi Order; Meetra Surik and Satele Shan are particularly notable Grand Masters.
- Origins can be traced back to Tython.
- Sworn to defend the Republic.
- Guided by members of the Jedi Council.
- Believe the Force is not for the pursuit of power.