- "The mysteries of the Force are endless. A Jedi Sage, devoted to uncovering its esoteric secrets, knows this better than anyone. Sages are famed for their wisdom and empathy as much as for their powerful healing and defensive skills. In troubled times, a Sage brings together the insight of the past with raw power to change the flow of galactic events. All Jedi Sages embrace the teachings of the Force and can opt to learn the art of the Seer, healing wounded allies and protecting them from harm–restoring their life force and literally pulling them out of danger; Telekinetics, distorting reality and moving massive waves of energy that tear apart a Sage’s enemies; and Balance, deploying the power of the Force to enhance lightsaber techniques and debilitate foes in combat."
- ―In-game Codex (Game Rules)
A Sage focuses on the advancing their knowledge and ability of the Force rather than lightsaber combat. All Jedi Sages embrace the teachings of the Force and can opt to learn the art of the Seer, Telekinetics, and Balance.
They are the Jedi counterpart of the Sith sorcerer.
The two Sage skill trees are Telekinetics and Seer. The shared Sage and Shadow tree is Balance.
- Healing wounded allies and protecting them from harm–restoring their life force and literally pulling them out of danger.
- Distorting reality and moving massive waves of energy that tear apart a Sage’s enemies.
- Deploying the power of the Force to enhance lightsaber techniques and debilitate foes in combat.
Abilities through Level
Below is the known list of the abilities that a Jedi Sage can learn. Please note that a Jedi Sage is still a Jedi Consular as well, so remember to see what other abilities they will learn from their Jedi Consular ability list.
|Name||Level Learned||Cast Time||Cooldown||Force Cost||Range||Description|
|Jedi Healer||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Reduces the cool-down of Revive by 100%|
|Force Studies||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Versed in the Force, your maximum Force is increased by 400.|
|Force Reach||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Increases the range of Project, Telekinetic Throw, Mind Snap, Mind Crush and Force Slow by 20m. Also increases the duration of Force Lift to 60 seconds.|
|Benevolence||10||1.5 sec||Instant||50||30 m||Heals a friendly target for 44-51 health.|
|Deliverance||12||3 sec||Instant||55||30 m||Heals a friendly target for 88-95 health.|
|Force Armor||14||Instant||4.5 sec||65||30 m||Surrounds the target in a Force shield that absorbs a high amount of damage and lasts for 30 seconds. Protected targets become Force-imbalanced and cannot benefit from Force Armor again for 20 seconds.|
|Weaken Mind||16||Instant||Instant||65||30 m||Weakens the target's mind, dealing 74 internal damage over 15s.|
|Noble Sacrifice||20||Instant||Instant||None||Self||Sacrifices 15% of your maximum health to restore 8% of your maximum Force. Each time this ability is used, your Force regeneration rate is reduced by 25% for the next 10 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times.|
|Restoration||24||Instant||4.5 sec||30||30 m||Cleanses a friendly target of up to 2 negative mental or Force effects.|
|Cloud Mind||30||Instant||45 sec||None||Self||Clouds the minds of your enemies, instantly lowering your threat by a moderate amount.|
|34||6s (channeled)||Instant||100||30 m||Channel the Force into the ground at the target location, causing it to quake and tremble. All enemies within 8m of the target location are struck for moderate kinetic damage every second for 6s. Each second, the Force Quake has a 33% chance to knock its targets down. No single target can be knocked down more than once from a single Force Quake.|
|Rescue||42||Instant||1m||30||30 m||Lowers the target's threat by a moderate amount and, if the target is a party member, pulls the target to your location.|
|Revival||50||1.5s||5m||30||30 m||Revives an incapacitated ally. This ability is usable while in combat. When used, all party members can neither use nor be the target of an in-combat revival for the next 5 minutes.|
|Force Barrier||51||Instant||180s||None||Self||Projects a Force Barrier around you, granting immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled.|
Because of widespread community dissatisfaction on the decision to name the telekinetic focused Consular advanced class the Jedi Wizard, Bioware released a poll on the 5th November 2010 with a choice of 4 (including the incumbent):
- Jedi Sage - 55.46%
- Jedi Adept - 23.85%
- Jedi Seer - 16.91%
- Jedi Wizard - 3.78%
The Jedi Sage was the clear favorite, with over 50% of the vote, with the incumbent Jedi Wizard in last place with under 4% of the vote.