- "Control and focus are the hallmarks of the Jedi Sentinel. Through years of training, Sentinels learn the art of using two lightsabers in tandem to create an intricate web of damage almost impossible to evade. By manipulating the Force, Sentinels can see holes in the enemy's defense, potential flaws in their own techniques and how best to plan for both. All Jedi Sentinels can wield two lightsabers in combat, using speed and precision to strike enemies where they are weakest. Sentinels can opt to learn the ways of a Watchman, becoming a peerless lightsaber combatant and using the Juyo form to debilitate foes; Combat, taking advantage of the Sentinel's lighter armor and using the agile Ataru form to perform incredibly swift strikes; and Focus, specializing in advanced Force techniques to increase the potency of lightsaber attacks and perform telekinetic feats to hamper opponents."
- ―In-game Codex (Game Rules)
Before the Jedi Purge, there were three Jedi Classes, one of which was the Jedi Sentinel along with the Jedi Guardian and Consular. The Jedi Sentinel deals damage primarily through lightsaber strikes, though it does possess several Force powers, most noticeably the iconic Jedi Knight Force leap.
They are the Jedi counterpart of the Sith Marauder.
- Melee DPS
- Saber fighting specialist
- Dual sabers
- Temporary battle stealth
- Medium/Light armor
- Close Range Damage Dealing
As with all classes, you will have the option to choose an advanced class after you leave Tython and join with the fleet. Selecting the Sentinel class will lock your character into this advanced Jedi Knight class for the rest of the game. The Sentinel class fulfills the role of damage and damage only. The Sentinel wears medium armor and can be easily spotted by their distinctive dual lightsabers. The most important stats for a Sentinel are strength and endurance. In addition to the basic focus ability used by both the Sentinel and the Guardian, the Sentinel gains an additional ability called Centering. Centering is built in a number of ways and augmented by skills in each of the tress. At 30 stacks of Centering, additional skills are opened that consume the 30 stacks and provide powerful passive effects.
Additional Skills include
Zen, Transcendence and Inspiration
The two Sentinel skill trees are Watchman and Combat. The shared Sentinel and Guardian skill tree is Focus.
- Becoming a peerless lightsaber combatant and using the aggressive Juyo form to debilitate foes
- Taking advantage of the Sentinel’s lighter armor and using the agile Ataru form to perform incredibly swift strikes.
- Specializing in advanced Force techniques to increase the potency of lightsaber attacks and perform telekinetic feats to hamper opponents.
Abilities through Level
Below is a list of the abilities that a Jedi Sentinel can learn. Please note that a Jedi Sentinel is still a Jedi Knight as well, so remember to see what other abilities they will learn from their Jedi Knight ability list.
|Name||Level Learned||Cast Time||Cooldown||Focus Cost||Range||Description|
|Dual Wield||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Allows you to wield two one-handed weapons.|
|Centering||10||Passive||Passive||None||Self||Activating an attack that spends focus and defeating opponents builds Centering. When 30 stacks of Centering are built, you become Centered, enabling the use of Zen, Transcendence and Inspiration.|
|Rebuke||10||Instant||1m||None||Self||Reduces all damage taken by 20% and deals low energy damage to attackers. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. Lasts 6 seconds. Rebuke refreshes to its full duration when attacked, but this effect cannot last more than 30 seconds in total.|
|Zealous Strike||10||Instant||15s||None||4m||Strikes the target multiple times with both lightsabers, dealing moderate weapon damage and building 6 focus. Requires two lightsabers.|
|Zen||10||Instant||1.5s||None||Self||Requires and converts 30 stacks of Centering to enter a Zen state. Lasts for 6 charges. This effect varies based on your current lightsaber form:|
Shii-Cho Form: Each Charge generates 2 focus every 0.5 seconds.
Juyo Form: Increases the critical chance of your burn attacks by 100% and causes burn damage to heal your party for 1% of max health each tick.
Ataru Form: Grants 30% alacrity. Each attack consumes 1 charge.
|Cauterize||12||Instant||15s||2||4m||Strikes the target for X damage and deals an additional Y elemental damage over 6 seconds. Requires two lightsabers.|
|Juyo Form||14||Instant||None||None||Self||Enters an offensive lightsaber form, causing your melee attacks to increase all damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.|
|Leg Slash||16||Instant||None||2||4m||Deals X weapon damage and slows the target's movement speed to 50% for 12 seconds. Attacks with both weapons if dual wielding.|
|Crippling Throw||18||Instant||12s||3||10m||Delivers a crippling attack with the main-hand lightsaber, dealing X weapon damage and inflicting trauma for 15 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%.|
|Transcendence||22||Instant||1.5s||None||30m||Requires and converts 30 stacks of Centering to issue Transcendence to you and your party, increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.|
|Pacify||26||Instant||60s||None||4m||Pacifies the target, reducing its melee and ranged accuracy by 90% for 6 seconds. Cannot be used on Operation bosses. This ability does not respect the global cooldown.|
|Disable Droid||28||1.5s||None||None||30m||Shuts down the target droid, incapacitating it for 60 seconds. While disabled, the droid's systems reboot, causing non-standard and non-weak droids to heal rapidly. Damage causes this effect to end prematurely. Only one droid can be disabled at a time.|
|Force Camouflage||30||Instant||45s||None||Self||Obscures yourself with the Force, becoming difficult to detect, reducing your threat towards all enemies, reducing all damage taken by 50%, and increasing movement speed by 30%. Lasts 4 seconds. Dealing direct damage ends the effect prematurely.|
|Guarded by the Force||38||Instant||1.5m||None||Self||Reduces the damage you take by 99% for 4 seconds. When the effect ends, 50% of your current health is lost.|
|Inspiration||44||Instant||5m||None||40m||Requires and converts 30 stacks of Centering to inspire you and your party within 40 meters, increasing all damage and healing dealt by 15%. Lasts 15 seconds.|
|Valorous Call||50||Instant||3m||None||Self||Let loose a valorous call, immediately building 30 stacks of Centering.|