Lightsaber crystal was a catch-all term for any object that could be used as the focus in lightsaber construction. While crystals were most commonly used, certain types of jewels, gems, stones and ingots could work. The type of crystal used in its construction could imbue lightsabers with special properties and abilities.
The type of crystal from which a lightsaber draws focus influences the color of the blade. Naturally-found crystals are used in Jedi lightsabers, while the Sith use synthetically created crystals.
Lightsaber crystals were traditionally found and/or mined by the Jedi Order, which results in the canon earthy blue, green, and yellow lightsaber colors.
During the centuries the Sith spent quietly building an army to challenge the Republic, lightsabers needed to be constructed without attracting the attention of the Jedi Order, which heavily controlled the acquisition of lightsaber crystals. As a result, the Sith were forced to develop their own, artificial lightsaber crystals through careful application of the Force. These crystals, all synthesized in the same method, all produced the same characteristic red blade. The Sith would come to view this as additional mastery over the Force, and would from then on opt to use the characteristically red-bladed lightsabers that contained artificial crystals.
- Blue - Artifice.
- Red - Artifice.
- Green - Artifice.
- Yellow - Artifice.
- Orange - High level Artifice (level 400) also drops from Corusant Worldboss, Nar Shadda Worldboss and Ulgo Siegebreaker on Alderaan (can also be removed from certain blaster weapons that use the orange crystal).
Black core colours
- Black Blue - Crystal can be purchased directly from the PvP Vendor for 150k and 1950 Warzone Commendations and Ripped from Republic Rakata weapons and Battlemaster weapons.
- Black Red - Crystal can be purchased directly from the PvP Vendor for 150k and 1950 Warzone Commendations and Ripped from Empire Rakata weapons and Battlemaster weapons.
- Black Yellow - Pre-order crystal vendor – 250k credits.
- Black Green - Obtained as bonus for Razer TOR hardware. website: http://www.razerzone.com/swtor. Also note If you have the original Razer SE crystal, you can purchase the upgraded versions at the Dromund Kaas/Coruscant mods vendor for 250k.
- Black Orange - PvP Vendor, 200k, 1500 Ranked Warzone Commendations and 1500 PvP Rating and Random drop from Explosive Conflict Operation (both storymode and hardmode).
- Black Purple - PvP Vendor, 250k, 3000 Ranked Warzone Commendations and 2000 PvP Rating and Random drop from Explosive Conflict Operation (Hardmode). Got my from Colonel Vorgath, others have reported getting them from chests.
- Black green - Rakghoul event, crystal is BoE and can be purchased on the GTN</p>
White was unavailable in game. Previously sold for 2.5 million on a vendor that has been removed from the game with the arrival of patch 1.2 Came back as a special item found in Cartel packs.
- Purple - Rumored to come from the Grade 6 PvP crafting box sold at the PvP Vendor for 1k Warzone Commendations. The BoE version of the crystal was obtainable pre 1.2 from a vendor on the fleet that no longer exists and unlike the Republic cyan color crystal equivalent, the Columi grade weapons on the empire side do not provide +41 purple crystals with PvE stats (give +31 stats instead). This is probably a bug and will be fixed sometime in the future. The BoE version of the crystal was obtainable pre 1.2 from a vendor on the fleet that no longer exists. There have being reports of people being able to craft the purple crystals with +41 PvE stats but so far no solid evidence.
- Cyan - Confirmed to come from the Grade 6 PvP crafting box sold at the PvP Vendor for 1k Warzone Commendations. The BoE version of the crystal was obtainable pre 1.2 from a vendor on the fleet that no longer exists and can be ripped from Columi level Republic mainhands/offhands. The BoE version of the crystal was obtainable pre 1.2 from a vendor on the fleet that no longer exists. There have being reports of people being able to craft the cyan crystals with +41 PvE stats but so far no solid evidence.
- Magenta - Also listed as "Light Red", Magenta has a few steps to do before you can get this one. Schematic drops from: - Gargath, on Hoth drops a +33 Endurance Schematic, a +33 Power schematic and a +33 Crit schematic. - The Primal Destroyer, drops a +33 Endurance, a +33 Crit schematic and a +33 Power schematic. (Respawns every 2 hours real time). The following are the steps for the main ingredient.
The following are the steps for the main ingredient
- STEP 1 - Go to Tattooine and look for a Moisture Evaporator. They are the tall spires scattered around the dunes of Tatooine. Look near the base and click the glowing blue panel. You should get a buff from the Evaporator. If you can't see the panel, either wait for it (they have a long cooldown) or find another tower.
- STEP 2 - Go to Hoth. You will be going to the tallest mountain the region, located at (X-907,Y 637). Once you ascend the mountain, your buff will disappear and you will get "Pure Shockfrozen Water" in your inventory.
- STEP 3 - Go to Illum with your Block of Ice and Schematic in tow. Grab 3 lvl 50 friends and click on the Depleted White Adegan Crystal Node located at (-553,-5). Defeat the Force ghost that spawns. Once defeated, a Crystal Node will spawn near the Depleted node. From this you will obtain the Magenta Adgean crystal needed to craft the crystal.
- Step 4 - Craft Crystal - Note Schematics can be found either as random drop off trash mobs in Black Hole area of Corellia or from Nightmare Pilgrim on Voss.
- Orange - The devs have said that schematics for this particular crystal is currently not in-game at this time, however, the War Hero mainhands and offhands for agents/smugglers and bounty hunters/troopers have these orange War Hero crystals in them so if you want it badly, you know where to get them and schematics for artifice can be obtained from the Primal Destroyer in Belsavis. Crystals can also be ripped from Campaign weapons obtained from Hardmode Explosive Conflict.