- "The so-called “smuggler’s moon” is best known for one thing: anything can be bought here if the price is right. Nar Shaddaa orbits Hutta, homeworld of the Hutt Cartel, but exists as a power in its own right. Criminal organizations and legitimate enterprises operate side-by-side, regulated only by the Hutts’ whims. Gleaming skyscrapers house corporations, casinos, technology shops, spice houses and every other type of business imaginable. Although no other world offers Nar Shaddaa’s unique services, the city has a notorious murder and disappearance rate. Gangsters, pirates, slavers and worse crowd the streets, and Republic and Imperial representatives compete for influence with the local powers. Strangers should be extremely cautious."
- ―In-game Codex (Moons)
Nar Shaddaa, also known as the Smuggler's Moon, is the largest of five moons in orbit around the planet Nal Hutta. This ecumenopolis is one of the wealthiest locations in the galaxy, yet it is home to some of the poorest people, the lights and towers of its upper levels embodying pleasure and excess. Nar Shaddaa also serves as a symbol of corruption; run by the Hutt Cartel, the Smuggler's Moon supports a robust black market and is known for secretive dealings and illegal acts. Nar Shaddaa is the first neutral planet that the player will encounter, despite the Republic and Empire sectors being separated, and it's level bracket is 20-24.
Nar Shaddaa is controlled by the Hutt Cartel, and has long been known for its lawlessness and corruption. Despite this, the moon's wealth and opulence has continued to draw individuals from across the known galaxy; those seeking the pleasures and experiences of the Smuggler's Moon willingly subject themselves to the whims and orchestrations of the various crime bosses vying for power within the moon's cityscape. Due to its large population, it has also become an excellent place for fugitives to hide.
During the Great War Nar Shaddaa remained neutral, maximizing the moon's profits by dealing with both sides of the conflict. The Galactic Republic and Sith Empire grudgingly respected the Cartel's control of the city, but also recognized the potential gains that could be made in the moon's corrupt underbelly. Those found within these polluted and neglected lower levels respect no authority other than those with power, and it is here that numerous underworld conflicts, including that between the Hutt Cartel and the Exchange crime organization, play out.
- Mezenti Spaceport
- Lower Promenade
- Industrial Sector
There are a total of 23 Codex Entries that can be found on Nar Shaddaa by Empire characters.
There are 7 Locations entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There are 5 Datacrons entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There are 2 Organizations entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
Persons of Note
There are 2 Persons of Note entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There are no Title entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There is 1 Species entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
- See Species for full list of species.
There are 2 Bestiary entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
- See Bestiary#Nar Shaddaa for full list of creatures found on Nar Shaddaa.
There are 3 Lore entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
Achievement: Epic Enemies
There is 1 Epic Enemies entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
-  Terminal Injuries [Heroic 2+] from Captain Heedley
-  Crushing the Jedi Freedom Fighters [Heroic 4]
-  A Pound of Flesh [Heroic 4] from Skav Mora
-  Hunger of the Vrblthers [Heroic 4]
-  Botched Interrogation [Heroic 2+]
-  Glitch [Heroic 2+] from Agent Ryleah
-  Recruitment [Heroic 2+] from Lord Sharoleigh
-  Building a Better Beast [Heroic 4] from Glort
-  A Message for the Mercenaries from Eliss Pim
-  Backdoor from Kilo Detton
-  Breaking the Cure from Agent Kayd
-  Nar Shaddaa: Bonus Series from Colonel Harok
-  Prototype from Lieutenant DeMare
-  Secret Assets from Cathan Dru
-  Severance Pay from Chiiv
-  Spreading the Word from Minos Porter
-  Zero Protocol from Commander Stron
-  Priority Targets II [WEEKLY]