- "Reeks are horned, thick-skinned herbivores. They originally hail from the planet Ylesia but can be found all over the galaxy, particularly on Iridonia, Ithor and Tatooine. They are highly sought-after as pack animals, but are also commonly used as mounts. Curiously, reeks' temperaments are largely dictated by their diets. While they normally subsist on plants, reeks will eat meat if it is offered to them; however, a carnivorous diet turns their skin dark red and makes them extremely hostile. This phenomenon inspired the phrase "mad as a red reek" and has led to the practice of using battle-maddened reeks in gladiatorial arenas."
- ―In-game Codex (Bestiary)
Reeks are a race of large thick-skinned, horned, bovine-esque quadruped animals native to the planet Ylesia. Sub-species of reeks can be found on Iridonia, Kashyyyk, Balmorra, Codian Moon, Tatooine and Saleucami.
Though herbivores by nature, they were often fed meat for exhibition sports and - in extreme cases - executions as seen in the combat arena on Darvannis. All reeks, including subspecies, were normally brown in color and only changed depending on their diet, though their leathery skin turned a dark red when fed meat and made the reeks much more aggressive. As reeks cannot thrive on meat, they were given just enough plant matter to keep them healthy.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (picture only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne