- "Massive, armored insects, shaclaws use their powerful foreclaws primarily for burrowing into the soil in search of the roots and subterranean mammals that make up their diet. If challenged, however, they can also use their claws as savage weapons capable of shredding the flesh or armor of their enemies. The Gormak consider the meat of the shaclaw to be a delicacy, but within minutes of dying the insects release a deadly toxin into their tissues that contaminates the flesh. To circumvent this, the Gormak have become quite skilled at capturing shaclaws and cooking them alive. Xenoanthropologists are quick to note that Gormak only dine on shaclaws during special coming of age feasts in which the capture and preparation of the meal is considered an essential part of the ritual celebration. The Voss reject this symbolic justification, however, and point to the practice of cooking any creature alive as proof of Gormak savagery and barbarism."
- ―In-game Codex (Bestiary)
Shaclaws are a race of massive, armored insects native to the planet Voss. Although primarily on Voss, a champion Shaclaw can be found in The Brell Sediment of Taris. You can also get an up close look at several being transported in a cage through the Mezenti Spaceport on Nar Shaddaa.
|Monstrous Shaclaw||33||Enraged||Champion||71885||On Taris (x:-385,y:555,z:-259)|
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire