- "Focused on long-range tactics and eliminating sensitive targets, Snipers are the most elite and professional marksmen in the galaxy. After extensive training, the Sniper learns to target enemies’ vulnerabilities and strike at the perfect moment to turn the tide of battle. All Snipers learn how to use deadly sniper rifles and specialize in long-range combat, keeping their enemies at a distance. Snipers can also opt to learn the skills of Engineering, using probes and other gadgets to deal additional damage; Marksmanship, shooting from cover and focusing on precise, high-damage attacks; and Lethality, utilizing deadly toxins to poison their enemies."
- ―In-game Codex (Game Rules)
They typically use long range laser rifles and recon to eliminate their targets.
Focused on covert tactics and eliminating sensitive targets, Imperial Snipers are the most elite and professional sharpshooters in the galaxy. After extensive training, the Sniper’s long range blaster rifle becomes a weapon of exacting precision, allowing him to target enemies’ vulnerabilities and strike at the perfect moment to turn the tide of battle in his favor.
In addition to the skills listed on the following pages, Snipers have upgrades for setting up an entrenched position, providing a counter against attacks that might knock him out of cover, as well as a knock-back upgrade called Cover Pulse - a player-triggered pulse mine that can knock an unsuspecting attacker away from the Sniper.
- Ranged DPS
- Medium armor
- Sniper rifle
The two Sniper skill trees are Marksmanship and Engineering. The shared Sniper/Operative skill tree is Lethality.
- Teaches the Sniper to strike down targets from long range and from the safety of cover.
- Empire the advantage. Empowers the Sniper's droids and probes to weaken the enemies and give the
- Leverages the toxic power of poisons to debilitate enemies over the course of a long fight.
|img||Portable cover||passive||10||Deploys a shield when no cover is available|
|img||Laze Target||Active||10||Increases critical chance of next Snipe by 100%|
|img||Leg Shot||Ranged||16||immobilizes the target, if it takes Damage after 2s the effect will be removed|
|img||Cover Pulse||Active||16||Detonates an emergency charge that knocks all nearby targets back several meters and immobilizes them for 5 seconds. Damage dealt after 2 seconds ends effect prematurely.|
|img||Takedown||Ranged||18||Attempts to take the target down with a powerful shot. Only usable on targets at or below 30% health.|
|img||Entrench||Active||20||Entrenches you into cover becoming immune to all controlling effects. Only Usable in Cover. Ends prematurely if cover is exited. Lasts 20 seconds.|
|img||Suppressive Fire||Ranged||22||Sprays a wave of bolts over target area dealing damage over the duration to up to 3 targets.|
|img||Series of Shots||Ranged||36||Unleashes a series of shots that deals high damage over the duration (3 Sec). Must be in cover to use.|
|img||Shatter Shot||Ranged||28||Fires a high impact shot that deals damage and reduces targets armor by 20% for 45 seconds. Also inflicts Trauma on the target for 6 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%|
|img||Ballistic Shield||Active||42||Deploys a shield that spans 20 meters around you, reducing the damage taken of all allies that remain inside the shield by 20%. Lasts 20 Seconds|
|img||Target Acquired||Active||50||Increases Ranged and Tech accuracy by 30% and Armor Penetration by 10%. Lasts 10 Seconds|
|img||Covered Escape||Active||51||Roll forward 18 meters, purging movement-slowing effects and landing crouched behind cover. While rolling, your chance to dodge attacks is increased by 100%|