This is the general discussion page for the wiki! New founders should leave a nice welcome message and encourage new visitors and editors to leave a note to get the conversation started.
I found the community portal!!
I've knew of its existence, but I could never find it. Now I know where it has been hiding. Woo! EwokJedi16 06:07, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
Something that I am wondering about is how we we have the class Categories. As of this moment the cagetories for the classes have an added 's' on the end (example:Jedi Consulars). I am wondering if we should change all the categories so that there is no 's'....I lean more towards the no 's' because I think it sounds more class-like and not something general. Anyway....let's hear what the rest of the community has to say. Scimatt16 10:51, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree; the plural form categories don't make a lot of sense. I started adding plural form to the skill trees just because they're already there, but halfway through I was thinking "this is silly", especially when I started getting into plural Powertechs and Sentinels. I noticed someone formally requests that the plural "Sith Inquisitors" category be deleted as well. Azkit 11:18, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- General wiki conventions dictate that category names be plural. The categories generally encompass more than one article pertaining to a single subject matter, and as such plural terminology is usually correct. That is why plural forms are used within this project; it is the singular forms that should be removed. -- Heaven's Agent 04:36, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
- I also think it makes not much sense to have the classes in plural form, because there is just one Jedi Consular class, and all the abilities and what have you that fall into that category belong just to this single class, so why plural? It is not to catch all characters that are Jedi Consulars, so why it have to be plural (it is normally done so by other wikis is no argument in my eyes). - Drudenfusz 03:57, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, it is going to be a catch-all for all things about the Consular, including all characters belonging to the class. And though the category may only cover a single class, there are going to be many players that are part of that class. Besides, though I also generally feel "other wikis do it that way" is a poor argument, this is a tad different. This is a general wiki convention. To deviate from that convention is to create an artificial barrier for experienced wiki editors that might come here from elsewhere. -- Heaven's Agent 04:21, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. If the category pertains to, say the Jedi Consular, then their will be other articles not directly associated with the players class, but NPCs and EU characters who would also come under that classification. Same reason as we use 'Humans', for an obvious example. To my knowledge, this isn't ever a preference - more just a universal style. Alexsau1991 (talk page) 20px 18:27, June 25, 2011 (UTC)