- "Taris was once a city-world, home to a planetary metropolis. Three centuries ago, however, it was bombarded by the great Darth Malak and left a toxic ruin. The years since have not been kind to Taris, as vegetation and animal life struggle to gain a foothold in shattered skyscrapers and habitats. The Republic began to recolonize Taris less than a decade ago, aiming to make it into a symbol of Republic hope and steadfastness. In response, the Empire is mobilizing troops and beginning a full-scale assault. Early reports speak of fierce resistance from the Republic, as well as natural hazards in the form of wildlife and the mysterious "rakghoul plague"."
- ―In-game Codex Empire Side (Planets)
Once a thriving ecumenopolis, three centuries ago Darth Malak reduced the world to a post-apocalyptic swamp. This orbital bombardment during the Jedi Civil War was one of the Sith Lord's attempts to ensure the death of Jedi Padawan Bastila Shan. Although Malak failed to kill his target, the planet was decimated. Most of the cityscape was destroyed; the structures that weren't obliterated gradually collapsed into the planet's Undercity. Since that time, Taris has been reclaimed by nature, creating a strange amalgam of ruined skyscrapers and wildlife.
Now the Republic seeks to re-colonize the ruins. The leadership hopes that success in this undertaking would be a significant spiritual victory against the Empire, instilling a measure of hope in those who have suffered throughout the Sith invasion. However, the ruins scattered across Taris are populated by rakghoul hordes and other horrors. If Republic colonists are to succeed in this pivotal effort, they must overcome local threats, as well as any forces sent by the Empire to undermine their efforts.
There are a total of 33 Codex Entries that can be found on Taris by Empire characters.
- "Taris was once a city-world like Coruscant. Three centuries ago, however, it was bombarded by the Sith Lord Darth Malak and left a toxic ruin. The years since have not been kind to Taris, as vegetation and animal life struggle to gain a foothold in the shattered skeleton of a planetary metropolis. The Republic began to recolonize Taris less than a decade ago, and has suffered innumerable setbacks–everything from pirate attacks to the strange “rakghoul plague.” Nonetheless, the reconstruction effort continues, its proponents determined to prove that the Empire can never truly destroy greatness."
- ―In-game Codex Republic Side (Planets)
There are 7 Locations entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There are 5 Datacrons entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There are 4 Organizations entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
Persons of Note
There are 2 Persons of Note entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There is 1 Title entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There is 1 Species entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
- See Species for full list of species.
There are 7 Bestiary entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
- See Bestiary#Taris for full list of creatures found on Taris.
There are 6 Lore entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
Achievement: Epic Enemies
There is 1 Epic Enemies entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
The following are the planet missions on Taris. The sequence of missions starting with Dominating Taris takes the character through the main planet story for the Empire which has the player character assisting Darth Gravus in foiling the Republic's plans to restore the planet.
-  Barrage from Captain Helid
-  Dominating Taris from Lieutenant Rankin
-  Militia Stomping from Darth Gravus
-  Bombing the Walkers from Darth Gravus
-  Come Out, Come Out from Lord Ryvus
-  Race for the Kill from Major Nost
-  Rakghoul Observation from Eton Vok
-  Rakghoul Roundup from Darth Gravus
-  Tainted Water
-  Blood Sport from Zenzo
-  Cathar Assassination from General Farvin
-  Culling the Nekghouls from Melkor Dinn
-  Friends of the Republic from Melkor Dinn
-  Unwelcome Alliance
-  Deadly Hospital from Captain Pandorr
The following are the heroic, repeatable missions on Taris.
-  Spilling Chemicals [Heroic 4] from Lya Charrel
-  The Fathers of Taris [Heroic 4]
-  Enclave Raid [Heroic 4]
-  Blackout [Heroic 2+]
-  Highway to Destruction [Heroic 4]
-  Last of the Tarisian Pirates [Heroic 4]