- 1 Common Tech Problems
- 1.1 🔧 C7 Error & Game Crashes
- 1.2 🔧 C5 Error & Game Crashes
- 1.3 🔑 How to Remove a Security Key
- 1.4 🔧 800x600 Resolution Bug
- 1.5 🔧 If your game shows MISSING GRANNY or weird HOT PINK/AQUA BLUE color
- 1.6 🔧 If you got the game downloaded but it opens to a PINK or BLACK SCREEN
- 1.7 🔧 Using Mac/Wine/Emulator patching issues error 209 or "Certificate Authentication Failed" error in Windows XP or Windows Vista
- 2 🔧 REPAIRING THE LAUNCHER/GAME
- 3 Fixed Issues
Common Tech Problems
🔧 C7 Error & Game Crashes
This error is usually related to a missing SWTOR file or video drivers, and may be a Windows 10 issue.
- PlatformInfo.dll may be missing from the Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient directory. See if repairing will fix the missing file, see the "REPAIRING THE LAUNCHER" section below. Otherwise you may need to reinstall the game.
- Drivers and/or directx. Try a manual installation of directx 9.0c. Once that's finished try a "clean installation" of your video card drivers. Go to the AMD/Nvidia website and download them, then run custom install when given the option so you can select clean install.
🔧 C5 Error & Game Crashes
This error is usually caused by patch files not being correctly downloaded, sometimes due to spotty internet. To fix it, see the REPAIRING THE LAUNCHER section below.
🔑 How to Remove a Security Key
Go to  and enter in your username and password, and leave the security key blank. Press log in. On the next page click "Lost your security key?" and you will be given instructions to login with a one time password and remove the key. You only need access to the email account attached to your SWTOR Account. More security key info
🔧 800x600 Resolution Bug
If your game opens tiny in the corner of your screen log in to the game like normal. Once it loads up, and is tiny or in the corner of your screen, press ALT+ENTER or ALT+ENTER+ENTER. You will then be able to change the resolution of the game to be your proper resolution. Backup solution if your game opens in the wrong resolution.
🔧 If your game shows MISSING GRANNY or weird HOT PINK/AQUA BLUE color
There is an error in the graphic files of your game that isn't letting the textures load properly, or they were never fully downloaded. This bug has existed for a very long time. To fix it, see the "REPAIRING THE LAUNCHER" section below.
🔧 If you got the game downloaded but it opens to a PINK or BLACK SCREEN
There is likely related to your graphics card. You likely need to download the newest drivers for your graphics card. AMD Drivers - Nvidia Drivers - How to figure out which graphic card you have
🔧 Using Mac/Wine/Emulator patching issues error 209 or "Certificate Authentication Failed" error in Windows XP or Windows Vista
This fix by the developers will allow you to continue to access SWTOR until October. Beyond that, should any other issues crop up for XP or Vista users they will be unable to provide any assistance.
🔧 REPAIRING THE LAUNCHER/GAME
⚙️ To repair the SWTOR launcher, open the launcher, and then if you have the...
Streaming launcher (default) - If the letters "ST" are present in the lower left corner of the launcher, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher again. This will cause the game to verify the files and download any missing ones.
Non-Streaming launcher (if you installed the game from a disc or installed it before 2013) - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login, select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.
More info about repairing the launcher and common errors - official guide
After that and of course restarting your computer, check out the tech support page. If you still are having issues feel free to make a post in this subreddit! Choose "New Text Post" it's the gold button in the sidebar, describe as much of your problem as you can.
- ✔️ FIXED MAY 31st, 2017: If you have to accept the Terms of Service or EULA every time you log in to the game source
- ✔️ FIXED JULY 11, 2017: If your game crashes before you can get past the character screen, Windows fixed the issue due to 32-bit apps crashing, update your windows to fix Source
- ✔️ FIXED AUGUST 9, 2017: Certificate Authentication Failed for Windows XP and Vista, solution
- Technical Support
- Get Help
- [Common SWTOR Tech Problems](https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/6cyjvx/if_your_game_crashes_before_you_load_in_or_if/?st=j3m71xbj&sh=a3d71bef)
- [Recent Tech Support Posts](http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/search?q=flair%3A%27Tech+Support%27&restrict_sr=on&sort=new&t=all)
- [Known In-Game Issues List](http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
- [Game Problems? Try This Forced Repair for Common Issues First](http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911)
- [Common Issues and Solutions List](http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/INFO-Common-Issues-and-Solutions/m-p/4832443#U4832443)
- [Launcher Troubleshooting Guide](http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-Launcher-Troubleshooting/m-p/4805820#U4805820)
- [Minimum System Requirements](https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-system-requirements)
- Improve your FPS
- SWTOR Unleashed (Helps with loading times and FPS [Frames per Second] for systems with more than 4 GB of free RAM) - [Latest Download](http://www.metasharp.net/index.php/SWTOR_Unleashed) - [Settings](http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=3802228&postcount=33) - [Troubleshooting](/2uvxh3)
- [Direct X 9c (Helps with some FPS Problems)](/p38lx)
- Official Support
Please be aware that /r/swtor is not an official source of technical support, any actions you perform based on advice from other users are done so at your own risk. Please contact BioWare's [official support](http://www.swtor.com/support) if you continue to have a problem. If you are a subscriber, you can make an in-game ticket by typing /bug ingame. Everyone can post on the [Customer Service Forums](http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en), or [call their customer support hotline](http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200)
- [Contact SWTOR Support](https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support)
- [Customer Service Forums](http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en)
- In-Game Support /bug
If you’re a subscriber and you require assistance with an issue inside the game, you can create an in-game ticket by clicking on the "Customer Service Help Request" Main Menu option (or by pressing "Ctrl + /") and following the instructions on the "Request Help" tab. Note that submitting reports to the "bug" category will not allow you to receive a reply for custom support (that category is for reporting game-wide bugs that affect more than just you).
- Phone Support
If you need assistance with your account, encounter a problem while making a payment, or are unable to log in to the game the best course of action is to contact our Customer Service team over the phone. **Billing issues or account issues can only be solved by calling, they can not be resolved ingame or through email.**
- **USA:** 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)
- **UK:** +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)
- **France:** +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
- **Germany:** + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
- [Additional Countries](https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support)
- Skype Support
You may also use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice, to call Customer Service, regardless of where you are calling from. International calls made using VoIP are generally far less expensive than calls made from a mobile phone or landline.
Open the VOIP program or app of your choice, then:
- If you’re calling for support in English:**
- Set your country to the UK.
- Dial 0203 014 1826.
- Set your location to France.
- Dial 04 81 68 10 51.
- Set your location to Germany.
- Dial (0221) 82829212.
Unofficial info: if you are calling with Skype this may be a way to call support for free. Some users have mentioned that you may need to first add SWTOR's skype number as a "contact" first. The unofficial times for Skype/VOIP support are 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT.