- "The legendary terentatek is a vicious, tusked monster that feeds on the blood of Force sensitives. Terentateks are known to cluster wherever there is a strong dark side presence and to remain dormant for many years before emerging to hunt. How terentateks came to be is a subject of much debate. Ancient chronicles report terentatek-like creatures on Korriban, twisted by the dark side rituals performed by early Dark Jedi. Other sources attribute their creation directly to the Sith Lord Exar Kun, who performed many Force experiments on creatures on Yavin Four. Terentateks are undoubtedly one of the most vicious of all creatures steeped in the dark side, and they are doubly dangerous because of their unnatural resistance to Force powers. Jedi throughout the ages have tried to wipe terentateks from the galaxy, but the creatures have proven incredibly resilient. The most recent concerted effort was three centuries ago; many terentateks were destroyed, but the hunt took the lives of many Jedi Masters, as well."
- ―In-game Codex (Bestiary)
Terentateks are a race of animals native to the planets Korriban and Dromund Kaas respectively. Average adult terentateks are at a height of 3.2 metres, they are known to feed off the blood of Force-sensitives and inhabit caves and tombs strong with the Dark side of the Force.
Several guard the entrance to a section of Naga Sadow's tomb. Terentateks resemble Rancors, except they have a number of spines growing from their backs and a pair of flaps, or horn like projections rather like tusks attached to their mouths. Supposedly, terentateks hibernate and remain dormant for many years, only to return when the dark side is strong in the galaxy.
Terentateks originally evolved on Korriban, where the power and presence of the dark side gradually distorted their shapes and corrupted their minds. Some sources, however, say that they were first created on Yavin 4 by Exar Kun, as one of his experiments in 344 BTC. It is possible that terentateks are highly altered rancors undergoing many experiments. Regardless, terentateks are largely immune to effects of the Force, requiring the use of lightsaber and other conventional weapons to defeat them.Screenshot: Terentatek They became some of the most dangerous of the creatures bred by the Sith. They were so powerful and dangerous to the Jedi, that they were often dubbed Jedi Killers.
- Sithspawn on Dromund Kaas (Sith Inquisitor)
- Korriban (Sith Inquisitor)
- Korriban (Sith Warrior)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)