Welcome to WikiSWTOR[edit source]
I wanted to take the time to thank you for your contributions to the project this weekend. I'm glad you've decided to lend a hand, and I hope you'll stick around to become a regular member of our community. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to leave a message on my Talk Page; I make an effort to check the project several times throughout the day, and I'll try to get back to you with a response as soon as possible. -- Heaven's Agent 08:04, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Glad to help. Unfortunately, my subscription to the game is about to run out, and money's too tight to continue. I plan to get as much done as possible, and return when things aren't so tight. -Caraamon 08:06, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Caraamon, lots of contribs those last hours ;) Hope you'll stay as long as possible. Cheers. Zophar 08:22, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Well, you're welcome to stick around as long as you like, even after your remaining play time expires; you're welcome to take part in this community as much or as little as you'd like. And of course, if you decide you want to take a break from all things SWTOR, you can return at any time. When money's tight you do what you have to, and I hope you will be able to resubscribe in the near future. -- Heaven's Agent 15:27, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
Items with more than one version[edit source]
I see you've encountered several item article with multiple states, often boasting premium and prototype versions, sometime artifact as well. You're taking to this really well, but I wanted to mention that the primary version that is likely to be encountered most often in the game, usually the premium version of the item, does not need parenthetical identification. So for example we would use the article name Might Armoring 5 instead of Might Armoring 5 (premium).
There's no reason to worry about the articles you've already added the premium identification to. We'll get to moving them at some point in the future. I'd take care of it now, but honestly the rate that you're adding content to the project is far faster than I can keep up with while finishing my homework for the semester. Luckily, I don't need to check your work; the quality of your articles is superb. I'm going to miss your work when your subscription time runs out.
I just wanted to mention this for your future edits. As always, take care and feel free to drop me a line with any questions you may have. -- Heaven's Agent 12:25, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
- Heh, I can still do editing, I just can't add any new data when I lose access. -Caraamon 21:50, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
Another quick aside[edit source]
If I had been around the last few days, I would mentioned this sooner: Don't categorize the .gif-extension icons. They need replaced, and as uncategorized images they're easier to identify. We're changing them to .png-format images, because that format is higher quality and results in less corruption of the image when resized for the various roles we utilize them in within the project.
Once again, don't worry about those you've already changed. Just keep it in mind for future edits. If there's an icon you want changed, feel free to do so on your own if you know how, or give me a heads-up; link me the icon in question, and I'll upload the desired version. -- Heaven's Agent 22:22, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
- The issue is that I cannot really add any more items to the wiki, because it's nearly impossible to find icon images for the items. -Caraamon 22:47, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
- yeah, I know what you mean; even the .gif-format icons we host now are a fraction of those witnessed in game; our icons were obtained from DarhHaterDB, and like all DB projects it seem Republic-specific icons were never pulled from the client.
- If you're interested, a means of obtaining icons by hand is available. It's something identified by Alianin a while back, and posted in our forum topic Map and other client images. I intend to start using the method to find icons this summer, but if it interests you feel free to play with the method described. -- Heaven's Agent 22:55, 13 May 2012 (UTC)