- "A blue-skinned Twi'lek born into slavery on the planet Ryloth, Vette escaped a life of servitude to become an accomplished rogue and treasure hunter. Too daring for her own good, she managed to breach Imperial defenses and sneak onto Korriban, gaining entry into the most sacred Sith tombs before being caught. Years of travel and close calls have made Vette quick with a blaster. Outspoken, uppity and unfiltered, she can be fiercely loyal or relentlessly taxing, making her a source of annoyance to some and of great amusement to others."
- ―In-game Codex (Persons of Note)
Few people have seen as much of the galaxy as Vette and few have had as little control of their destiny. Vette was separated from her family at an early age and sold to a series of minor crime lords. When legendary pirate lord Nok Drayen utterly destroyed her latest owner's holdings, Vette and the other slaves were given their choice of freedom or joining up with Nok. Vette became a pirate, travelling the known worlds and learning to get in and out of places she wasn't allowed.
Years later Nok Drayen mysteriously and suddenly released all of his people from service. Vette was left on Nar Shaddaa where she joined up with other young, idealistic Twi'leks and used her criminal abilities to rob and ruin those who exploited Ryloth's cultural artifacts and people. An unquenchable spark, Vette is older than her years but far from mature, delighting in silly pranks and always ready to laugh at people who think too much of themselves.
Vette first meets the Sith Warrior while a prisoner on Korriban. Despite her situation, which includes constant berating and torturing from the jailer, Vette's humorous personality is still very prominent. When she is freed, she is "recruited" to help the Sith Warrior find an Ancient Lightsaber, located in the tomb of Naga Sadow, for his/her final trial. This happens to also be the place Vette was captured by the Sith. She proves quite useful to both advanced classes of the Sith Warrior in combat, no matter how the Warrior treats her socially. Once the Sith Warrior obtains the ancient lightsaber, Darth Baras, the Sith warrior's master, lets him/her keep Vette if the Warrior so desires.
Vette travels with the Warrior to the main Imperial fleet to take a shuttle to the capital, Kass. It is here the Warrior first has the option to keep Vette's collar on her or to remove it as Vette wishes. Once arrived on Korriban, Vette pokes a lot of fun at Darth Baras, though whenever face to face with him she is visibly intimidated.
On Balmorra, Vette makes fun of Malavai Quinn for his strict Imperial personality, while also trying to persuade the Sith to be gentle in his dealings with the resistance. She even comments on the events of Balmorra with sarcasm, asking if they're on to their next journey of "death and destruction."
After this, her humorous personality begins to fade if the Sith Warrior has been dark side in nature, not removing her collar, shocking her, and not compensating with gifts.
Knights of the Fallen Empire
- "A Twi'lek born into slavery on the planet Ryloth, Vette escaped a life of servitude to become an accomplished rogue and treasure hunter. She spent time in her youth stealing for the notorious crime lord Nok Drayen before going into business for herself after his death. Too daring for her own good, she managed to breach Imperial defenses and sneak onto Korriban, gaining entry to the most sacred Sith tombs before getting caught. Her second stint in slavery landed her in the service of the Emperor's Wrath, who she followed on a violent path of revenge.
When the Wrath went missing at the start of the Zakuul invasion, Vette pulled a few odd jobs before joining up with roguish smuggler Gault Rennow. The duo scammed their way through the galaxy, making credits and enemies wherever they went."
- ―The Tomb Robber
Vette's affection rises quickly if the Sith Warrior pursues light side actions, and periodically jokes (in a friendly manner) with NPCs throughout most conversations. She also likes it when you act insolent with Darth Baras.
A dark side Sith can romance her, so long as her collar has been removed and he supplements his dark side actions with gifts.
Vette is a ranged damage-dealer, making her an ideal companion for a Juggernaut but still a valuable companion for the Marauder. Vette is able to equip Blaster Rifles, but most of her abilities that do the highest damage are only available when using dual blasters. Vette can use Sniper Mode, which increases the damage dealt by activation-time abilities by 10% and reduces the activation time of Aimed Blast to 2.5 seconds, and Assault Mode, which reduces the cooldown of all area-of-effect attacks by 25% and increasing their damage by 10%.
Like all companions, Vette's affection will change based on specific dialogue choices the player makes in her presence. These changes will be positive or negative based on her likes and dislikes.
With this in mind, certain dialogue options are beneficial:
- Vort Noman
- "You mentioned a wager?" - +15
- Vol Kolla
- "I like to get paid" - +15
- "Where do I come in?" - +15
- "I serve no one." - +15
RomanceIf the male Warrior decides to take her shock collar off, at a later point in the story, Vette can kiss and even marry the Sith. The shift towards a romance storyline is clearly seen during the dialogue of the Reminisce companion mission.
- Vette is the first companion for the Sith Warrior class.
- Vette can eventually lead into a romantic storyline with the male Sith Warrior.
- During combat, Vette will randomly say "If I die I'm going to haunt you!", a reference to Jack from Mass Effect 2, who says something similar when defeated in combat.